Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

plan your aquascape

More
08 Aug 2007 12:35 #1 by Mr Algae (mralgae mralgae)
this may help those who are having problems planning their scape

www.gorillot.com/aquatools/php/index.php?select=7

take time to learn how to use it and you will see how your tank looks b4 you start planting.

May your fish be with you:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Aug 2007 14:29 #2 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re:plan your aquascape
Interesting link. I'll have a play around with it this evening

More
17 Aug 2007 23:17 #3 by zig (zig)
Replied by zig (zig) on topic Re:plan your aquascape
There's a couple of these knocking around now, they are quite good if you are bored, but can't help but think its probably the best idea to place a rock or branch or whatever in your tank, stand back, does it look good, cool, good job. Don't think you need a programme for that, just my opinion of course. I tried one and copied a setup I have going atm, took ages, easier to do it yourself, maybe useful for very rough sketches only IMO.

More
17 Aug 2007 23:47 #4 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
Yes it is very good especially if you're like me and can't visualise things. I had added it to links before I had seen you had this up, I never thought of putting it in tropical plants.

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds