Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

online plants?

More
08 Jan 2008 21:51 #1 by ricko10 (jamie)
Does anyone know any good online plant suppliers? and pref not ebay as i've had enough of them.I used to use java plants but i think they are no longer going.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2008 21:56 #2 by steven (steven)
Replied by steven (steven) on topic Re:online plants?
Ricko one of our members Adriano posted a website yesterday and there stock list was impressive and Adriano will look after the ordering side of things due to the site being in Polish...I've seen some pics of Adriano's tanks and his plants look brilliant and i think thats where he buys them..

Treat every day like your last, some day it will be??

More
09 Jan 2008 04:05 - 09 Jan 2008 04:06 #3 by adriano210 (adrian kraszewski)
i wuld like order also that way we can safe on the shiping this shop is graeat and they are biggest suplier of ADA in poland, if you are intrest call me anytime 0851238646, they are about 5 years on the biznes

as you look prices if you want in euro divide be 4
4 pln = 1 E
Last edit: 09 Jan 2008 04:06 by adriano210 (adrian kraszewski).

More
09 Jan 2008 10:08 #4 by ricko10 (jamie)
Replied by ricko10 (jamie) on topic Re:online plants?
ok thanks.
what is the website address?

More
09 Jan 2008 10:09 #5 by adriano210 (adrian kraszewski)
www.roslinyakwariowe.pl/sklep/technika-co2-c-18.html
prices 1e=4 pl zloty
they do a shipment to ireland verry chip if anybody want to order somethink pm me i will give a hand
co2
www.roslinyakwariowe.pl/sklep/technika-co2-c-18.html
lights
www.roslinyakwariowe.pl/sklep/oswietlenie-belki-c-24_273.html

great plants selection
www.roslinyakwariowe.pl/sklep/rosliny-ws...rosliny-c-1_230.html
any question pm me

Re

More
  • S180de (S180de)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2008 11:11 #7 by S180de (S180de)
Replied by S180de (S180de) on topic Re:online plants?
I used Java plants in the UK before. however, AnPost kept the parcel for over a week in their storehouse before delivering it. only few plants survived...

More
09 Jan 2008 11:25 #8 by Peter OB (Peter O'Brien)
I've always found Java Plants in the UK to be very good and reliable.

Smoke me a Kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast.

More
09 Jan 2008 14:50 #9 by ricko10 (jamie)
Replied by ricko10 (jamie) on topic Re:online plants?
unless they have changed their web address then they must have closed down

More
09 Jan 2008 14:58 #10 by nomad (pat murphy)
Hi Rico,It was my first time purchacing plants on the web and tried Greenline Aquatic Plants LTD based in england.Was curious as to the outcome but was more than impressed on arrival,packed up and plant species sealed individually,.....name,picture and brief description of plant on each individual plant packet
.Also there was a cd rom supplied free on plant species stock and a plant food bag which you just place in the tank and it lasts 3 months,a nice mixture of foregroud,mid and background plants,floating plants and lillies too.This was a 48 inch tank planting package,...check out the website and see..........

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds