Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Plant suppliers

• russell (russell)
  • russell (russell)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Feb 2007 12:33 #1 by russell (russell)
Plant suppliers was created by russell (russell)
Hi All
Does anyone know of good plant suppliers as I need to replant my Display tank.
looking for Vallis straight/spiralis -Hygrophylia-Elodea- onion plant -Riccia-salvina.
much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2007 13:10 #2 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
Tropical World in Wackers on Parnell street generally have a good selection. They are agents for Tropica. Best to call them to see what they have in stock before dropping in.

Regards,

Ken.

More
06 Feb 2007 16:19 #3 by Mr Algae (mralgae mralgae)
gavin got is supply in last friday, still had a few on sunday, i got he last of a good few of them for my newie on sunday.

May your fish be with you:

More
06 Feb 2007 16:24 #4 by Gary.K (Gary.K)
Replied by Gary.K (Gary.K) on topic Re: Plant suppliers
Hi Russell

Have you looked at Java plants??? I got a consignment off them it was a mixed lot but i know you can get individual plants. They were very cheet and the ones i got were good quality the post to Ireland is cheep to

Regards
Gary

More
13 Mar 2007 04:23 #5 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Just to let you guys in on something!

I was out in the blanchardstown pet shop a couple of weeks ago, I heard mixed reviews so I wanted to see for myself. I wont go into detail for fear of having my post edited by "higher powers". But they did have a good selection of plants from Tropica.

This is the good part, normally the plants are priced differently based on the number on the top of the plastic detail card that comes with them. But in blanch them seem to have not bothered with this and all the potted plants from Tropica were priced at €4! That nearly a third of the price that you pay for the more expensive plants that Tropica supplied in other pet shops!!!

So if you are looking to replant, it might be worth a visit. Plus you can always ring and check to ask about prices to see if they have noticed the errors in their ways before you make the trip out.

Regards

Denis

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Mar 2007 04:39 #6 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re: Plant suppliers
Hi Russell,
I ordered plants on ebay and was very happy with them. Here are the 2 shop I ordered from in the past

stores.ebay.de/Tropicplants-Bonn_W0QQssP...3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

stores.ebay.de/1-Aqua-Meister-Shop_W0QQs...3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

The second one only charges 5€ shipping no matter how many plants you order. Good quality plants of both shops. If you need help translating let me know

Holger

More
13 Mar 2007 04:52 #7 by j14 (j14)
Replied by j14 (j14) on topic Re: Plant suppliers
I've used this company www.aquaticplants.eu.com/ myself and I was very happy with the plants I received. Shipping is quite quick.
J.

Arsene knows...

More
13 Mar 2007 04:55 #8 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
I have ordered plants off the net twice and both times I have recieved mush. Not because of the suppliers, the franking post stamp indicated they posted them when they said they did. It is the crappy postal system in Ireland that caused the problem. Twice my plants sat in Sandyford sorting office for about a week rotting into the bag. Then they had the gall to say that they tried to deliver them but nobody was home. Where in fact somebody was home all week! Typical paddy-my-ass semi state company!

Holger
In relation to those eBay company's, I don't speak a word of German. I presume its German? I would like to know if they sell root fertilizers on the site but don't know what topic to look under. Can you direct me! Cheers

Denis

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

• Fish Soup (Fish Soup)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Apr 2007 12:58 #9 by Fish Soup (Fish Soup)
Replied by Fish Soup (Fish Soup) on topic Re: Plant suppliers
The best plants I got were from tropica .co they were great value and all survived their long delay in the local post office (they were there for 3 days) except for the lotus specimen plant.
The variety of colours and flowering specimens have been very impressive.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds