Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

breeding apistos

More
11 Nov 2014 17:46 #1 by trent (trent)
hi everyone. i just got a pair of apisto agizzi red fire. i was wondering how do i breed them. they are in a tank with temp 30, ph 7.6. thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2014 21:12 #2 by swai (Simon)
Replied by swai (Simon) on topic breeding apistos
Mine bred after 2 days of going from ph 7.4 to 6.5. temp is 24 and gh is 7, the female is guarding a coconut shell. Eggs are red and on the underside of the coconut.

Marino, Dublin 9

More
12 Nov 2014 06:23 #3 by trent (trent)
Replied by trent (trent) on topic breeding apistos
ok thanks. would you recommend i drop temprature

More
12 Nov 2014 13:33 #4 by swai (Simon)
Replied by swai (Simon) on topic breeding apistos
There is no correct way to breed them. I'd say a bit lower then 30 would be better but I would drop the temp gradually over a period of time.

I separated my male and females in 2 different tanks then moved them to a new tank and they spawned the next night. U will see the female turning a bright yellow when she is ready. I think a good diet helps to get them into breeding.

Marino, Dublin 9

More
12 Nov 2014 17:47 #5 by trent (trent)
great thanks

More
13 Nov 2014 00:55 #6 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
I found that feeding live or frozen food for a couple o days did the trick.

More
13 Nov 2014 06:28 #7 by trent (trent)
im feeding them beefheart and sera discus granuals aswell as frozen brine shrimp once a week. willl i feed brine shrimp everyday ? the female is already a yelllowish colur

More
13 Nov 2014 10:46 #8 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
I my opinion I would lower the temperature over the next couple of days do a 30% water change when temp is around 25dig feed brine shrimp for a few days and remember you have no evidence that they are both fertile so if they dont do the business you might want to look at new stock!
jim

More
13 Nov 2014 15:56 #9 by trent (trent)
great thank you guys for all your help. will let you know how i get on

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds