Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Betta albimarginata

More
19 Nov 2016 22:10 #1 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
After been looking for these fish for a while I finally picked up a pair last Saturday. I put them in a small 20l tank with a good 2 inches of oak and beech leaves on the bottom and a handful of alder cones. pH was 5.5 and tds was 30. I fed them soley on live blackworms hoping to condition them well. When I went into the shed on Wednesday morning before work to find the male holding. He's still holding today 4 days later so fingers crossed he holds on.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2016 12:56 #2 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
I love the look of your tank with the tea coloured water and the leaf liter. It feels like the video was taken in their natural habitat

More
20 Nov 2016 17:56 #3 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Thanks Anthony. It's important to at least try to replicate their habitat when possible. These fish thrive in dark water and tanks. Only problem with that is its hard to see them lol. Here's a pic of the colour water I use. It's filtered through peat 1st.

Eric
Attachments:

More
23 Nov 2016 21:54 #4 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
A week in a still going strong

Eric
Attachments:

More
30 Nov 2016 16:21 #5 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
The male B. albimarginata released his fry today on day 14. I've no idea how many is in there but seems to be a decent number.

Eric
Attachments:

More
30 Nov 2016 17:14 #6 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
That's brilliant Eric, well done, just gotta raise them now!!

ITFS Club Secretary
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
see the ITFS tab above for more information www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/itfs

More
30 Nov 2016 17:21 #7 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Yes the real work starts now. I've micro worms and bbs at the ready

Eric

More
30 Nov 2016 17:22 #8 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
and a hearty meal for dad

ITFS Club Secretary
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
see the ITFS tab above for more information www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/itfs

More
30 Nov 2016 17:26 #9 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
I've plenty of live black worms ready for him. I removed the female on Sunday so ill build him up for a week or so and add him in with the female in the hope they'll breed pretty soon again

Eric

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds