Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Angel fish

More
25 May 2017 10:46 #1 by robert (robert carter)
Hi All i have what i was told are a breeding pair of angels , the guy i got them from told me they spawned every two weeks and he got fry from them , well i have had them in a 110 litre tank for 2 weeks and right on shedule they spawned on tuesday pm . To me it looked like a nice big spawning . Wednesday morning most of the eggs had turned white , so they were infertile and my wednesday night eggs were all gone , eaten no dout . What can i do to increase my chance of getting fry from this pair . Thanks Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2017 10:58 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Angel fish

What can i do to increase my chance of getting fry from this pair .

Robert - be patient, things don't always go true to form for the first few spawns (even though they have produced fry before, they have suffered quite an upheaval trauma being moved so you can really consider any spawns to be 'new').

Check your water parameters too - if possible get those also from the seller and compare - if they're drastically incompatible it might be worth trying to replicate his.

Good luck with them - all should come good ultimately.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
25 May 2017 11:30 #3 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic Angel fish
Thanks John

More
25 May 2017 19:17 #4 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Robert mine spawned a good few times and the longest the eggs lasted were 2 days.

So when they spawned next time I took the parents out and put an airstone in so the eggs would have a flow of water over them to help fight against fungus and they hatched finally.

Regards
Craig

To induce spawning daily water changes and feed frozen meaty foods should spawn this time next week or there abouts.

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
25 May 2017 20:53 #5 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic Angel fish
Hi craig , the eggs went white so i guess they wernt fertile . I didnt really want to remove the eggs as i wanted to see it occur as near to nature as i could .

More
25 May 2017 21:03 #6 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)

Hi craig , the eggs went white so i guess they wernt fertile . I didnt really want to remove the eggs as i wanted to see it occur as near to nature as i could .

Well in that case just be patient and they will figure it out eventually

Best of luck with them

Regards
Craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds