Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

sick goby

More
04 Apr 2007 15:32 #1 by Acara (Dave Walters)
My mogurnda goby aint looking the best for last day or so.Instead of its usual horizontal,slightly head up stature,it is almost vertical when not on bottom and has gone darker from the anus back,lighter forward of the anus.It is hard to describe what he does,but he(or she)seems to sort of shake about in the water,and then shoot back down to the bottom.
Unfortunately I cant get a photo at this stage,but apart from the definate line of colour change above anus,it dosnt look any different.
Could the anus be blocked?How do I relieve this?
He is still eating.Water parameters are grand,no probs there.All other fish are healthy and normal.
Any ideas?
Thanks,Dave.

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2007 15:54 #2 by Tetra (Tetra)
Replied by Tetra (Tetra) on topic Re: sick goby
not to sure but try the online disease guide could be of some help

www.jbl.de/factmanager/index.php?lang=en

More
04 Apr 2007 17:48 #3 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Do you know which Magundra it is?
I am guessing it is Magundra pulcra.
Gobys tend to darken if they are unhappy. This could be water parameters,Other fish in the tank been too hyper or they are ill.
When they are comfortable in their surroundings they will show off great colouring.
What are your water parameters. what else is in the tank and how long have you got him/her?
i have seen Gobys shake or shimmer like this before , but only if another fish swam to close for comfort.
I dont know why the anus is darkening. A picture would help......

More
04 Apr 2007 18:59 #4 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Mogunda mogunda, is a freshwater goby from australia, mostly imported from asia (as ours are), however, as far as im aware, they are not from brackish water. however, they will live in any body of water that is accessable!!! so dave we need more info. - tank size, water stats, inhabitants, etc....

More
05 Apr 2007 10:12 #5 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Magundra magundra. Have a look at this link.
db.angfa.org.au/display.php?tbl=fish&id=49

More
05 Apr 2007 17:23 #6 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Replied by Acara (Dave Walters) on topic Re: sick goby
Thanks for that guys.
Darren,that is indeed the correct one,can't believe I never found that site.
Been quite busy lately,but will try a photo 2mw hopefully.
The rear half of his body seems to be paralysed.
Thanks again.

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds