Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Lost an Angel

More
09 Apr 2007 11:58 #1 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
Lost one of my Angels this morning. He looked fine first thing, then I found him dead an hour later at the bottom of the tank. I had 4 in total. I medium size and three small. The larger one tends to chase the smaller ones, but it doesn't look that serious.

Water parameters were fine so the only conclusion I can come to is that he was killed by the larger Angel. Is it possible for a larger fish to deliver a single fatal blow?

I also turned off my UV filter last night, but don't think this is the cause. I installed it about 4 months ago after I experienced problems with the gourami virus. Reckon I don't need it all the time and will just run it when adding new fish. Main reason for switching it off is that a couple of my plants aren't doing so well. I believe the UV can alter iron in the water and make it difficult for plants to absorb.

Regards,

Ken.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2007 13:02 #2 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Replied by Sean (Fr. Jack) on topic Re: Lost an Angel
Hi ken,
sorry to hear the bad news any change of photos of the remaining live fish up close, any of them have their fins close or redness any where on their body (live bodys!) the dead fish .... has it got any fins bitten?

s

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

More
09 Apr 2007 14:11 #3 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
Hi Sean,

I checked all my fish and there is definitely no red streaks or anything else out of the ordinary. All remaining fish look healthy.

The angel I removed also looked healthy. I closely examined the body for any signs of illness, but couldn't find anything.

I do have a bullying issue, but I've seen a lot worse. There's no nipped fins on the other angels and I've only every seen him chase them, not acutally make contact.

Regards,

Ken.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds