Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Stringy Poo

• Vickers (Vickers)
  • Vickers (Vickers)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Apr 2007 04:18 #1 by Vickers (Vickers)
Stringy Poo was created by Vickers (Vickers)
Hi I've seen this a few times with my fish and a mate has seen the same it looks like a string of poo coming out the back of the fish , Is this normal ??
Thanks Karl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2007 04:44 #2 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Hi Karl,

What species of fish are we looking at? and what diet do you feed them?

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Apr 2007 05:00 #3 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re: Stringy Poo
and what colour is the faeces?

• Vickers (Vickers)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Apr 2007 05:33 #4 by Vickers (Vickers)
Replied by Vickers (Vickers) on topic Re: Stringy Poo
I've seen it in my tank with molly's(but it's dead now) and a friend seen it with he's goldfish , i think it is usually backish , really posting for him he was a bit concerned he feeds it the floating food

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Apr 2007 05:38 #5 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re: Stringy Poo
Quite normal and nothing to worry about if it's blackish. Might want to increase the fibre intake a bit by feeding them a bit more plant matter such as algae waifers, boiled spinach etc.

More
27 Apr 2007 05:44 #6 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
I agree with Holger about increasing the percentage of roughage and vegetable matter in their diet. The other suggestion (I have read but don't know if there is a great deal of truth behind it ) if it is a fancy goldfish, to use sinking pellets as this will prevent the ingestion of air from the surface (associated with flake feeding).

Apparently this can cause constipation in fancies? Maybe someone else can comment on this!

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

• Vickers (Vickers)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Apr 2007 05:45 #7 by Vickers (Vickers)
Replied by Vickers (Vickers) on topic Re: Stringy Poo
tanks for your help much appreciated

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds