Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

danio dilemna

More
21 May 2007 09:02 #1 by HairyMolly (damien kenny)
hi again all is well in my tank except 1 of my zebra danios has for the past few days been acting rather odd. it was swimmingaround i 1 corner in a twirly motion scraping of the gravel and just swimming all over the place very erratic.that was last monday but today i arrive home and its back swimming with the others. any ideas?????????????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• pat (pat)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 May 2007 11:51 #2 by pat (pat)
Replied by pat (pat) on topic Re: danio dilemna
could be an internal bacteria problem

More
21 May 2007 12:23 #3 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
Have you checked your water parameters? Water problems are the cause in most cases.

Do you have a quarantine tank? It would be best to take him out of your tank if possible.

Regards,

Ken.

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 May 2007 14:07 #4 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re: danio dilemna
Too much to drink perhaps?
Joking.

Fish flicking or scraping off gravel is a sure sign that they are uncomfortable, externally. Some parasite or other is at work.

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 May 2007 14:20 #5 by Anthony (Anthony)
Replied by Anthony (Anthony) on topic Re: danio dilemna
High nitrates can also cause flicking and a pH crash can give the impression of Gill Flukes.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds