Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

E-coil risk from well water

More
05 Jun 2014 20:35 #1 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
My daughter picked up this infection today and is very sick I am not sure if she picked up the bug from my well or somewhere else is there and need to worry about my fish ? My daughter is a little better and hopefully she be back to herself soon

Something fishie going on here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2014 22:51 #2 by JohnH (John)
Don't be worrying about your fish - the child is far more important.
I would think, or at least guess that if there was any infection in your well water then the whole family - the children at very least - would be showing symptoms anyway.

I'm glad she's showing some signs of improvement.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
05 Jun 2014 23:08 #3 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
I know John kids come first and family the young lad also has it I have a feeling its going to be a long night. I was just wondering about the fish and taught someone would know more.

Something fishie going on here

More
05 Jun 2014 23:29 - 05 Jun 2014 23:30 #4 by JohnH (John)
A lot of the time fish are nowhere as susceptible to the same sorts of infections which affect humans so for the moment my suggestion would be to keep a watching brief on them but I think e-coli doesn't represent the same danger to fish as it does to people (but don't take my word for it, hopefully someone better able to say for definite one way or the other will be able to put your mind at rest) - sounds like you have your hands full without needing to be worrying about the fish as well.
I hope everything is OK, both with the children and the fish.
John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2014 23:30 by JohnH (John). Reason: Spelling

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds