Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Possible Neon Tetra disease?

More
03 Feb 2016 21:41 #1 by Aynethol (Gabriel Malocca)
Hi there everyone,

Recently in my girlfriends tank she has noticed that one of her neons seems to have developed a curved spine. We do not know if the tetra had this when he was purchased on saturday last.

He isnt showing some of the signs of neon tetra disease such as paleness and he still is staying within the shoal of the other tetras which has me worried that it could be fish tb.

Now we dont have a separate quarantine tank and we currently have guppy frys there too which means that we may not be able treat with bacterial products if it is fake neon tetra disease.

I am hoping some people may have an idea here of what it is and what we could do?

Kind regards,
Gabriel

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2016 02:54 #2 by alan 64 (alan)
Its possible this fish maybee just deformed if he is acting ok id leave well enough alone for now

More
04 Feb 2016 09:25 #3 by gunnered72 (Eddy Gunnered)
With Neon Tetra Disease usually whiteish patches appear on the fishes body..Normally on the fishes back (hence the other name saddle back disease)

This guy just looks deformed to me for some other reason....

Its just me but I would be inclined to put a fish that is deformed like that to sleep....Its possible the fish could be suffering and eventually this could lead to other disease breakouts and possibly wipe out your tank....Again this is just my opinion but i wouldnt take a chance...

You can humanely put a fish to sleep using Clove Oil (available in all chemists)

Put the fish in a small container of water from the aquarium and add about 6 drops of clove oil...Put the container in a dark place for a little while and the fish will drift off peacefully...

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds