Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

possibly parrisites? CLOSE UP PIC.. check it out

More
29 May 2007 10:42 #1 by arabesque (Mick Veale)
Hi all.

My male frontosa has two things on him that are making me a little worried.

Firstly.. Have a look at the following pic
www.micksmedia.com/uploads/new/frontosamarks.jpg

He has something dangling from his pectorial fin that im wondering if it could be an external parasite.

Secondly. Now it might just be a damaged scale but look at the mark on the same picture. Half way down the white band on the right hand side.
Here is another picture of the second mark from a profile view
www.micksmedia.com/uploads/new/frontosamarks3.jpg

In other news they were spawning earlier on today.
here is a picture of the female dropping her eggs
www.micksmedia.com/uploads/new/female.jpg

awesome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2007 11:53 #2 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Hi Mick
First pic. looks like anchor worm-lernea, more common on goldfish/koi but can affect all sp. look like a Y shape, two eggsacks, Not sure about second, looks like a damaged scale but would need to see it first hand to be sure, could be a fish louse-argulus?? they look like a very small horseshoe crab!!!! search both on web and have a look????

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 May 2007 14:08 #3 by Anthony (Anthony)
Replied by Anthony (Anthony) on topic Re: possibly parrisites? CLOSE UP PIC.. check it out
It`s hard to say if it is a worm. I just used my last sachets of Fubenol.
I have a big order coming in in the next two weeks. Its always good to give your tank a yearly dose.

More
29 May 2007 14:58 #4 by arabesque (Mick Veale)

Hi Mick
looks like a damaged scale but would need to see it first hand to be sure,

thanks for that... so when are you calling over then drew? :?:

More
29 May 2007 14:59 #5 by arabesque (Mick Veale)

It`s hard to say if it is a worm. I just used my last sachets of Fubenol.
I have a big order coming in in the next two weeks. Its always good to give your tank a yearly dose.

nice one.. can i pick some up off you when you get it..?
ill keep an eye on both and see if i can get any better pics
or see if it grows.

More
30 May 2007 02:14 #6 by Sean (Fr. Jack)

Hi Mick
First pic. looks like anchor worm-lernea, more common on goldfish/koi but can affect all sp. ????

I agree with you(first photo), perhaps the second photo is the same as the first but its just dropped off leaving that mark.

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 May 2007 04:09 #7 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re: possibly parrisites? CLOSE UP PIC.. check it out
Well done on getting them to spawn Mick,your bold investment seems to be paying off already.How are the rest of the fish?

More
30 May 2007 04:42 #8 by arabesque (Mick Veale)
yeah great chris.. they're all in flying form!!!

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 May 2007 04:48 #9 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re: possibly parrisites? CLOSE UP PIC.. check it out
Delighted to hear that Mick. :D You have hit a hot streak of breeding now,hope it continues.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds