Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Problems, Symptoms, Causes and Treatments

More
01 Aug 2008 09:44 - 01 Aug 2008 10:25 #1 by karlo (karlo kennedy)
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Aug 2008 10:25 by ().

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2008 09:48 #2 by karlo (karlo kennedy)
if anyone wants a copy of this or any thing else just sent me a mail :)

More
01 Aug 2008 10:32 #3 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
Hi Karlo,
thanks for that and if you could just sent it to my gmail address below

thanks again this is yet another useful tool for us all to use thank you for sharing it with us.

Mickey

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

More
01 Aug 2008 11:30 #4 by adamireland (Adam Jackson)
Hi Karlo, a great piece of work. I was wondering if we could expand on this table with dosing and alternative meds. for example NitrIte levels in your tank are an easy one to look after.. If salt were to be added to the tank...the chloride ion, which is very similar to the NitrIte ion would be more abundant in the tank.
The fishes gills are designed to take in whatever is more prolific in the water column through what is called the chloride pump and doesnt know the difference between the two ions. Therefore saving your fish and giving you time to ride the spike through. Of course after the spike has receded the salt would have to be removed through water changes. But i have found this the most successful treatment for NitrIte poisoning.

More
01 Aug 2008 11:37 #5 by karlo (karlo kennedy)
by all means adamireland add your bits to it please every bit that people give helps me learn and understand more so add as much as you want :lol:

More
01 Aug 2008 12:40 #6 by adamireland (Adam Jackson)
Karlo.. can you send the original to me on email

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
01 Aug 2008 12:52 #7 by karlo (karlo kennedy)
its on its way to you

More
01 Aug 2008 14:02 - 01 Aug 2008 14:04 #8 by adamireland (Adam Jackson)
nice one Karlo..

will add in dosing and alternative stuff.. might take a while.. :)

also i would be willing to coalate any info you guys may have to create a master list..

good idea???:woohoo:
Last edit: 01 Aug 2008 14:04 by adamireland (Adam Jackson).

• ()
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Aug 2008 19:17 #9 by ()
Replied by () on topic Re:fish problem
Excellent idea AdamIreland :-)

Keep using this thread if you want and we'll compile it into one concise thread the week after next to make a sticky that can be of use to our members.

Valerie

More
02 Aug 2008 00:32 #10 by adamireland (Adam Jackson)
great.. so any starters for fin rot and what members have done in the past?

maybe after the list is compiled it could be produced in laminate.. i know i would like one.. :)

More
02 Aug 2008 00:55 #11 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
Cheers karlo for the Email

great idea on the sticky

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

More
08 Feb 2009 20:15 #12 by amdaley (Tony Daly)
Replied by amdaley (Tony Daly) on topic Re:fish problem
Hello.
My partner & I are new to fish so a copy of the Problems, Symptoms, Causes and Treatments chart would be a great help tp us.
Thank you.
Regards.
Tony.

More
08 Feb 2009 20:22 #13 by duzzy1 (Martin Kennedy)
would love a copy of that myself if its not too much bother ...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
08 Feb 2009 21:28 #14 by gerryberry (Jeff Daly)
Well might aswell jump on the band wagon, would be great to get a copy .

Cheers

GB

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds