Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

× Member Profile Section

Dannyb Profile

More
20 Sep 2013 10:13 #1 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
Hi all

My name is Danny, i currently have a juwel vision 260 set up for african cichlids

For filtration i am running a sun sun HW-304B external with a 300w in-line heater

substrate is coral sand and my rock work is made up of Texas holey rock

stock list is as follows

Blue zebra cichlid X2
Electric blue peacock X2
Butterfly peacock X2
Yellow lab X2
Fire fish X1
Rusty cichlid X1
Yellow tail acei cichlid X2
Red zebra cichlid X1
Venustus cichlid X4
Melanochromis Johanni X1
red rubin X5
Rainbow shark X1
Bristlenose pleco X1

at the moment i have a toy story theme in the tank for my son

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2013 10:22 #2 by Ski (Alan McGee)
Replied by Ski (Alan McGee) on topic Dannyb Profile
Ha ha that's nice danny

More
20 Sep 2013 19:18 #3 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
I just showed your fish tank to my daughter Danny and yep you have the best fishtank in the world she LOVES it

More
20 Sep 2013 19:40 #4 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
Haha she has good taste, better not show her the updated pic I have on my other thread the background is gone now swapped out for a plane black one

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds