Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Dragons Den (60x40x40)

More
26 Apr 2019 22:14 #1 by Lauris (Lauris)
Hellooo all,

It has been a while since I have been here. Due to studies and my job and my time, that I can spare with my family, I had no space for this up till now. 18 months of break with 1 failed DSM (due to no time) in between and I'm back on the track again.

Still with the same size of a tank, just different shapes...

So lets start this with a technical description, before I give some sneak-peak into it through very few photos.

Tank specs
Tank: 90L (60x40x40 cm)
Light: ADA Aquasky 602
Filter: JBL e1501
Additional water movement: VorTech MP10
Heater: Hydor external
Glassware: The Lily one + glass surface skimmer
CO2: Yes
Twinstar: Yes, Nano
Auto Doser pump: Yes, 3 channels

Substrate: ADA amazonia
Stones: Dragon
Wood: Yes
Plants(planned): Altermanthera reineckii mini, Hygrophila lancea Araguaia, Pogostemon erectus, Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo'

Water: RO+Aquadur re-minerals.
Plant food: EI
Water changes: aiming for weekly 50%
Photo period: aiming to increase it gradually to 6,5-7hrs

Live stock: TBC
*Wife wants me to do it for Beta, I haven't decided yet to keep her happy or not

So, this project started back in September 2018 and initially was set to be:

My DSM with Cuba...

..Failed big time due to my busy life schedule and no time to keep up with maintenance.

Then it was left as above until now, where I finally will have more time around it (no studies in summer time and daughter will be sent off to granny's place :) ), and I decided to change the direction of it... Suddenly realized that plain stones and carpet is not my thing and I desire for wood and more dense planting...

Then the change happened, my Dragons Den took a different shape...

I'm still waiting for few bits and pieces to arrive from different parts of this world, but the aim is to get it planted within next 2 weeks.

Massive thanks to Seahorse in Dublin, first of all - the most beautiful pieces of wood they hide well in their stockroom :), second - after 6 years of use my BLAU Co2 tank started to leak, but today it was swapped out to a new one (the same BLAU co2 tank) by Seahorse just like that. The best service ever!

I am planted!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds