Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

planning permission granted

More
02 Aug 2016 09:52 #241 by FR85 (Gavin O'Sullivan)
Glad to hear everything is ticking over nicely!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2016 13:07 #242 by robert (robert carter)
They do say that if you do more than a 25% water change you should use the start up kit . I dont inteed to stay on it but it really does the job

More
07 Aug 2016 19:33 #243 by robert (robert carter)
Just wondering if i started using liquid co2 in this tank would it help reduce the brown algae . There are only a couple of live plants in it ,but also some artifical plants these are getting very discoloured with algae . No real amounts on the glass. Tank is being run on organic aqua so dont want to add anything that may mess with this

More
07 Aug 2016 21:24 #244 by alan 64 (alan)
Might do robert i was having the same problem with my koi tank so i put some bristlenose in there and now its spotless

More
07 Aug 2016 21:29 #245 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Alan will bristlenose go into coldwatertanks

More
08 Aug 2016 02:14 #246 by alan 64 (alan)
I think they will be ok at around 20 degrees there tough owl buggers

More
10 Aug 2016 21:43 #247 by robert (robert carter)
Got four small brisltenose plec for the tank today ,they are only about 5cm long , but within a few hours they have cleaned a good patch of algae , so now lights are off lets hope they are hungry

More
19 Aug 2016 17:15 #248 by robert (robert carter)
Just a tip that might help someone , i have been adding a standard dose of liquid co2 daily to the tank for a week , just cant believe how the unsightly brown algae on the rocks and artifical plants has completely gone

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds