Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Pond Activity

More
03 May 2017 18:04 #31 by robert (robert carter)
His topic of his post is need round stones for pond its a very current topic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2017 18:27 #32 by PENEV10 (Brian Farrell)
My goldies are still lethargic. Eating but slowly. This was their first winter outside, is it normal for them to take a week or two back on normal food to liven up?

More
04 May 2017 09:24 #33 by robert (robert carter)
Its been a very weird spring with such a daily variaction in temps , all i am doing at present is feeding very small amounts of food twice a day , certainly the koi are feeding but its not the usual feeding frenzy . Things will improve when temps increase and stablise .

More
04 May 2017 11:40 #34 by FR85 (Gavin O'Sullivan)
I put up a post there to him Robert, hopefully I have a few solutions to his problems.

Again this morning my pond was reading 14 and last night it was 15. It's in direct sunlight so maybe it's temp is being kept up that way, very little shelter at all. And my fish as mentioned have been like sharks when it comes to food. Have tried up loading pics but they dont work.

More
04 May 2017 11:47 #35 by robert (robert carter)
Hopefully its going to warm up now , last year i went through 20 kg of koi food , at the current wont even use 10 kg

More
15 May 2017 23:18 #36 by nomad (pat murphy)
Replied by nomad (pat murphy) on topic Pond Activity
Noticed the last few days that the fish seem to have a better appetite and feeding near as normal at long last...

More
16 May 2017 10:50 #37 by robert (robert carter)
Yep things are a bit more active , just watching ammonia levels as i increase the feeding

More
16 May 2017 11:09 #38 by FR85 (Gavin O'Sullivan)
Must actually test the water when I get home, not had a minute to myself of late.
Only feeding wheatgerm still

More
26 May 2017 16:41 #39 by robert (robert carter)
My koi are just going crazy , pond temp 20 deg c they just want food , food and more food . Love the sound of them in a feeding frenzy

More
29 May 2017 15:42 - 29 May 2017 18:45 #40 by FR85 (Gavin O'Sullivan)
Came home from a week in the sun and everything is flowering. Will mail the pics to an admin to be added to this thread cause I cannot for the life of me figure out how to upload them!

Last edit: 29 May 2017 18:45 by JohnH (John). Reason: Added images

More
29 May 2017 18:49 #41 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Pond Activity
Done - sorry for the delay.

This adding images lark really is quite straightforward - it must be, even I can do it!

But it does seem a little daunting at first - until I was shown how to do it I got in all sorts of difficulties. I'll try to update the little tutorial later in the week.
(Not that I mind doing it though).

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
29 May 2017 19:12 #42 by FR85 (Gavin O'Sullivan)
Thanks John!
I think it's cause I'm trying to do it from the phone and not from a computer!
Gav

More
29 May 2017 19:21 #43 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Pond Activity
It's no problem to help out by adding them, but I think that - if you're using a phone to upload direct - the image size has to be reduced to 1mb or less. The Forum server doesn't permit larger file sizes to be used. Your images were 5 - plus mb each one.
I think it's a relatively simple job to make them smaller - might be worth looking for a program(me) (or an 'app').

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
29 May 2017 21:32 #44 by robert (robert carter)
The pond looks great , i love the warmer days when everthing is active and feeding . Re uploading picture i find it difficult as well so tend not to do it

More
31 May 2017 11:48 #45 by FR85 (Gavin O'Sullivan)
I was well happy to see bees around the flower pods this morning as they are fast becoming a rare sight, I'm helping to make honey!!! :)

More
31 May 2017 16:47 #46 by robert (robert carter)
Good on you ,

More
01 Jun 2017 23:41 #47 by iain54 (Iain Minchin)
Replied by iain54 (Iain Minchin) on topic Pond Activity
Looking well now Robert with the flowers and all. Makes me want to build one at home haha. When the mother goes on holidays I'll pounce

More
02 Jun 2017 12:58 #48 by robert (robert carter)
The warmer days certainly make a different

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds