Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

First time marine

• paul .... (paul ....)
  • paul .... (paul ....)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 May 2011 09:39 #31 by paul .... (paul ....)
Replied by paul .... (paul ....) on topic Re: First time marine
Cheers mate will do :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• paul .... (paul ....)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jun 2011 17:06 - 15 Jun 2011 17:19 #32 by paul .... (paul ....)
All pics are tumbnails click to enlarge ;) Here we go little update were to start :laugh: iv added 2 new orals since than a hammer and a goniopora, clowns and flymo are no more long story flymo is now a jewel and should hopefully have me clowns back on the weekend thought i was getting a bigger pair so i returned mine! And it went south so now i have to get mine back :lol: :lol: all water params fine ;) the hammer was a fussy **** for the first day or 2 but since than it has opened up twice as much since i got it! took a bit of moveing around but i think i got it ;)
Day 1

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

moved it the next day as i new it could open more
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

its size and look had definitely improved and by the third day i checked on it i was shocked looks the biz
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Now the other coral is more the same i got it sunday and it was fully closed by the time i got home
day 1
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Moved it higher in the tank with a bit more light and flow and already its looking much better

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

the 2 together
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Now some fish bare with me all these again were taken with the owl nokia :lol: so it was kinda hard 2 catch them heres the blenny

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

the blenny is tiny by the way rock hard to find him in there :lol: next is a wee mandarin i know full well what the crack is with these but this one has bin in the shop a few weeks now eating frozen food so im gonna give it ago hopefully it will work out as they are a cracking fish one of the reasons i went marine in the first place ;) Can any1 tell me anything about there spiked dorsal fin because mine doesnt have 1 it has a fin alright its just stumped and iv seen a few like this on google the exact same as mine and a few others with a huge spiked fin?? Any help would be great sorry you cant see it in the pics it doesnt have it raised ;)

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Iv added a load of other pics why stop :lol: this is the little coral i spotted growing 2 weeks back before and after with a noticeable bit of growth! Great if ye have the name of it again nige? its not much of a coral yet but in a few months hopefully :D
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Well thats it for awhile starting to take shape ;)
Last edit: 15 Jun 2011 17:19 by paul .... (paul ....).

More
15 Jun 2011 20:11 #33 by jwm (sean sean)
Looks de dogs private bits... :cool:

A person who surrenders when he is WRONG, is HONEST. A person who SURRENDERS when not SURE, is WISE. A person who surrenders even if he is RIGHT, is a HUSBAND.

• paul .... (paul ....)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jun 2011 20:18 #34 by paul .... (paul ....)
:laugh: cheers man

More
15 Jun 2011 20:18 #35 by andrewo (andrew)
Great job Paul and great pics; makes me want to restart and continue my own project; have been sorta off the pedal lately; being busy with my other tanks.

regards.

• paul .... (paul ....)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jun 2011 22:11 #36 by paul .... (paul ....)
Cheers dude i know what ye mean most of the fun is when your setting the project up :lol: thanks again dude ;)

More
01 Jul 2011 21:47 #37 by harpurM (Harpur Morrison)
Love those eyelash blennies they are real characters. Have you thought of a shrimp/goby combo, great to watch as long as your rock is on the tank glass base and not on the sand. The shrimp is a terrific bulldozer of sand and keeps the gobies home clean.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds