Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

my marine tank with pics

More
15 Jan 2008 20:05 - 15 Jan 2008 21:13 #31 by buleetu (buleetu)
hi everyone

sorry i have being away for a while

i think the last time i posted an update of my tank i was living in my old house

i moved in september or something, ii onlt moved ten minutes up the road but i had a disaster when i changed the tank,. i moved all the fish rock and coral into a smaller tank and unfortuatly i lost all my fish,,,:(

so fish wise i had to start from scratch, i have 2 sabae clowns and i have 2 fire fish, i might get 1 more fish and then that will be it for this tank but im gonna start building my new bigger tank soon enough so i will have more than 5 small fish in that one please god;)

i cant get a good picture of the clowns because they hardly stay still for longer than 2 seconds so i have some of the fire fish

tank left and right

fungia

torch coral and close up of new growth

blastomusa merletti frag

acro and fire fish

alvaeopora

my sick bubble coral

cant remember the name of this stoney coral

softies

kiss my fishy AS S
Last edit: 15 Jan 2008 21:13 by buleetu (buleetu).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2008 20:11 #32 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Very nice invert tank, well done.

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

More
15 Jan 2008 22:20 #33 by MonsterFish (Monster Fish)
I agree, beautiful tank.
It was brave going straight into marine keeping but you seem to have excelled. Well done.

More
15 Jan 2008 22:26 #34 by Dub (Glen Coughlan)
Tank looks very well;) good job!!!!

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jan 2008 22:40 #35 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:my marine tank with pics
Beautiful pics indeed.

Does it take a long time for these corals to grow ?

Valerie

More
16 Jan 2008 01:50 #36 by buleetu (buleetu)
hi guys

i have 4 fish as well father jack

i have being keeping fish for about 2 years or so mainly marines but i kept a few fresh tanks along the way, i just couldnt get into the fresh water tanks at all, i dont really see the attraction at all. but im sure that the fresh water tank keepers enjoy there hobby too

valerie

the coral grows fairly fast, some of it is of course slower than others but most of the stuff i have seems to be getting bigger by the week

they say that stoney coral grows something like 1~\" per year on a real reef so i would imagine something similar in a tank with the right conditions, but it seems to me that they could actually grow more because the acropora frags i got from keiron have grown an awful lot since i got them at the end of last summer sometime, i think i have some pictures of them at the start of my thread and u could maybe see the differance

kiss my fishy AS S

More
16 Jan 2008 09:57 #37 by Seany (Sean Phelan)
Looking Good !

How's the calcium levels been maintained with those hard corals?
Do you find levels droping between water changes?

Seany

More
19 Jan 2008 02:06 #38 by kieronr (kieronr)
Hi Bulettu,i noticed on one of your pics that there was a few flatworms,are they a problem ?.The tank and frags look great.Well done !

More
21 Aug 2008 12:58 #39 by buleetu (buleetu)
hi everyone

havent been on in ages, i put some newer pictures up later on, its great to see the progression of the corals over a year or so in pictures, ye really notice the growth in them that way

im having a lot of trouble with the tank this last while, i havent been putting as much time into it as i used and it is defo not a good thing for the tank,. thoses bloody flatworms are still there and theres a lot of red fuzzy algae in there too because i havent got a proper cuc becasue when we moved house before christmas the snails and crabs all died for some reason ,, i have only one small green legged hermit and he is doing his best but doesnt seem to be making a dent,, my return pump also packed up on me last week so im waiting for my new one to arrive from england,i ordered it over the net

ill post pics soon

kiss my fishy AS S

More
21 Oct 2008 11:24 #40 by M.C. (Sergei Mistsuk)
nice tank! see you get rid of brown algae on sand... have you any frags for sale?

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds