Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

A New Reef Is Found (In Tullamore!!)

More
22 Feb 2008 09:44 #91 by Tom (Tom Brecknell)
Great to see an update on how your hard work, patience and research has paid off. As usual everything done to perfection………..

Thanks for the pleasure you have given everybody with the thread…………..Tom. B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2008 10:27 #92 by Peter OB (Peter O'Brien)
Best thread ever to appear on the forum, absolutely fantastic. Quality looking tank.

Smoke me a Kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast.

More
23 Feb 2008 21:07 #93 by Seany (Sean Phelan)
Many thanks guys. It was alot of hard work, alot of research, alot of help both from the lads and ladies here on the forum and the LFS.

OH, and alot of MONEY!!!!

Kind regards

Seany

More
24 Feb 2008 00:10 #94 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Seany wrote:

Seany, I can only imagine how long it took you to create this quality informative illustration. I think I would have gotten fed up with it before the first three boxes of names. Although I have never ventured into marines this post would definitely convert me and the look and stocking of the tank is a definite credit to you in terms of research, time and money. Thank you very much for a topic that has reached ten pages and I for one, have enjoyed reading each one.

Lets hope you influence more members to put a small amount of time into writing journals of there developing fish tanks.

Regards

Denis

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

More
12 Apr 2008 16:24 #95 by Seany (Sean Phelan)
And Finally.

To close this thread as it is getting way too long to be user friendly I have decided to put up some invert pictures from the reef tank to give some indication of the non-fish inhabitants too date. Enjoy and thanks for all your comments and advice over the last 6 months.

Any questions, drop me a line.

Kind regards

Seany

Full Tank Shot

Actinic Shot

CopperBanded ButterflyFishOK Just one Fish Photo!

Catalaphyllia jardinei A New Addition

Zoanthus Colony

Xenia ColonyYes the one that was practically dead some weeks ago !!!

Tubipora musica colony

Sarcophyton Coral

Ricordea yuma

Red Discosoma colony

Purple Montipora

Purple Gorgonian About 18-20 inches long

Parazoanthus Yellow Polyps colony

Lime Green Acropora With Extended Polyps

Green Protopalythoa Colony

Green Discosoma colony

Goniopora strokesi

Goniopora lobata

Galaxea Colony

Fungia Coral

Favia Colony

Euphyllia glabrescensTorch Coral

Euphyllia ancoraHammer Coral. A new addition. Seems to have lost its metallic green sheen. Hope it returns to its former glory

Brown-Orange Protopalythoa Colony

Briareum stechei colony

Blue Discosoma colonySorry Poor photo

Alveopora Colony

Alcyonium CoralWay too big now for the tank!

Acrozoanthus colony

Deep Green AcroporaWith Extended Polyps. This has grown well snce its introduction

Caulastrea Colony

Capnella FragsThese guys pop up everywhere when fragments break off the parent. Anyone want some free frags??

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Apr 2008 17:27 #96 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:A New Reef Is Found (In Tullamore!!)
Seany,

Wow ... I'm speechless! This is absolutely fantastic! So many varieties !...
Well done - you can sit back and be proud of your hard work : it just is magnificent.
Thank you for sharing this whole adventure with us - I have been following it with great interest from the beginning.

Regards,
Valerie

More
12 Apr 2008 18:21 #97 by pointer28 (Noel Lambert)
Not long a member here so I wasn't aware of this thread but that tank is simply amazing.

Congrats on all the hard work paying off.

More
13 Apr 2008 07:32 #98 by Seany (Sean Phelan)
I forgot to include a pic of a large rose BTA that is sulking behibd the liverock at the moment. I'll post a pic when it comes out ! Sharky I know what you mean now!

Seany

More
13 Apr 2008 11:00 #99 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Seany,
Huge respect.........its just amazing.
Gavin

More
13 Apr 2008 11:22 #100 by zale (Mark carroll)
Not Bad, but next time Seany I'd like to see a little more effort put in...:P :laugh:

Only joking, absolutely breath taking. Well Done.B)

Mark

More
16 Apr 2008 08:19 #101 by Processor (Niall O'Leary)
Sean thank you.

It has been fantastic to watch the development of your tank and it looks fantastic.
A credit to you. It has certainly encouraged me to keep going full steam ahead with mine and I am particularly jealous of your 15,000,000,000 copepods. I presume that is as a result of having a sump where they can multiply safely ? I should consider one as the cabinet beneath my Rio 180 is of ample size to replace with a cabinet containing a sump and still room for other hardware and salt etc.

If ever you are having an 'open day' please give me a shout.

Keep at it and thanks again.

Niall.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds