Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

My White 7x2x2 Reef

More
02 Feb 2013 15:34 #31 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)
superb , looking forward to seeking it full of creatures

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2013 20:01 #32 by ck1 (chris)
Replied by ck1 (chris) on topic My White 7x2x2 Reef
that is amazing to say the least only something i could dream of.fairplay

More
02 Feb 2013 23:32 #33 by theangryman (chris)
Sean

have to say, what a great looking tank, your sure making plenty of us jelous, but a thread like this also gives many of us a goal for the future.Keep the pics coming and a vid when your ready, great work

Chris

"I try to incorporate melody. Even though I'm screaming, I still like to think I bring melody into screaming."
Tom Araya

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read "President Can't Swim........Lyndon B Johnson

All my...

More
03 Feb 2013 00:48 - 03 Feb 2013 00:48 #34 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Thanks very much lads means a lot,

Yes still a lot to be done till i have it at 100%

I will be doing a big update on this is a few weeks as i have my wishlist done for my fosh and corals and some of them are ordered and just waiting to be picked up also more MP40s and 3 x Radions to be got next weeks this way i can have all them synced and wireless to my laptop so when i have all this on the tank and fish and corals in it ill take a video then.

I am in two minds now to change the rock work as i like it but it is not high enough so am thinking to change this some time

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving
Last edit: 03 Feb 2013 00:48 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe).

More
07 Feb 2013 19:24 #35 by JSleator (Jason Sleator)
Hey Sean- Excellent job, looks amazing.... a long way from the Rio 180 which i can assure you is still in good use ;)

More
20 Feb 2013 20:03 #36 by Jk83lfc (John Kelleher)
Looking good Sean, Was the tank a special order or was it bought "off the shelf"?

More
24 Feb 2013 20:22 #37 by fishtank (Dani)
Replied by fishtank (Dani) on topic My White 7x2x2 Reef
I think Sean has left the forum.

More
15 Mar 2013 01:20 #38 by Fin Tastic (Denis Dave)
its a regular clearseal size that they do but it must be ordered in advance from your local lfs's suppliers as they will build to order. shouldnt take more than a few weeks max. seahorse ireland had a second hand one for sale not so long ago for a tasty price.

More
15 Feb 2014 14:04 #39 by Mr B (C B)
Replied by Mr B (C B) on topic My White 7x2x2 Reef
That's a beautiful looking tank.

More
15 Feb 2014 14:14 #40 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic My White 7x2x2 Reef
This tank's now for sale, see the thread:

www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/forum...sale-reposted#162656

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
15 Feb 2014 19:08 #41 by Homer (Kevin)
Replied by Homer (Kevin) on topic My White 7x2x2 Reef

This tank's now for sale, see the thread:

www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/forum...sale-reposted#162656

John

Cheers John.

Kev.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds