Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

What I'm Keeping-

More
23 Feb 2015 13:03 - 23 Feb 2015 13:11 #1 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
My tanks pictures atm,
Just got chemicals and nutrients yesterday for plants for first time, so lets see what happens, Co2 system also. will try update the pics in 3 months,
My Rams which i got also yesterday, One german blue pair and one golden pair, their colors are great, the rest of tank corys, tetras,etc, Photos taken with Iphone 6+ So not the best quality,
nano tank with countless shrimp and raboras nano (very shy fish), lovely tho.
Enjoy the photos people, will be updated in 3-6 months

S.

Before-

At the moment-today

Before trimmed

Before Nano-

At the moment-

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-
Last edit: 23 Feb 2015 13:11 by Stem12 (Stephen M).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2015 13:09 #2 by Ski (Alan McGee)
Replied by Ski (Alan McGee) on topic What I'm Keeping-
Very nice stem

More
23 Feb 2015 14:35 #3 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic What I'm Keeping-
lovely tanks I love the rams

More
23 Feb 2015 14:55 #4 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
Beautifull rams, hope they will breed for you

Anthony

More
23 Feb 2015 15:15 #5 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera)
Beautiful tanks, both have a natural look.
The fish are awesome, love the color of the golden rams.
I see you have endlers too, do they breed in your tank?

I also have a small group if that microrasbora living peacefully with one of my bettas, they look great in nano setups.

More
23 Feb 2015 16:02 #6 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Great looking golden rams. Did you get them from seahorse ? They had some gorgeous ones when I was there on Saturday

Eric

More
23 Feb 2015 17:13 #7 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
Thank you everyone, The rams are stunning and yes from SH. The males are already chasing females after their live blood-worm dinner they've just had ;)
Hopefully ill see a spawn in the coming months,
Thanks again,

S.

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

More
23 Feb 2015 17:15 #8 by Stem12 (Stephen M)

Beautiful tanks, both have a natural look.
The fish are awesome, love the color of the golden rams.
I see you have endlers too, do they breed in your tank?

I also have a small group if that microrasbora living peacefully with one of my bettas, they look great in nano setups.

Yes i have endlers, and they do breed in my tank, over the last few weeks, ive noticed alot of miniature endlers and baby swordtails in the massive moss i have, Crazy looking,

S.

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

More
26 Feb 2015 09:49 #9 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
Golden ram pair starting to "dig" up a den!! Amazed at the progress already, blue Rams sticking close together male on her toes everywhere she goes, I'm hoping its a good sign, my first time keeping theses fish so fingers crossed..!!

S.

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

More
30 Mar 2015 11:51 #10 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
One month on, Chemicals doing there job plant wise i feel, Tank still a little bare so more plants are needed which im going to try and sort out hopefully through the forum, Via spare cuttings etc, Fish seem very happy and colors showing up beautifully, This is The coolest Hobby EVER.

:cool:

On another Note.. What is This? I found it while 'cleaning' Its like rotting roots or something..?

Stephen.

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

More
30 Mar 2015 16:05 #11 by Homer (Kevin)
Replied by Homer (Kevin) on topic What I'm Keeping-
Lovely stuff! How is the Hygrophila pinitifida growing for you.

Kev.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
30 Mar 2015 19:24 #12 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
Could be black hair algae.
I can see roots tangled up in it, but the black is something else. If its not algae, did you put in a plant with this wrapped around the roots/base ?

More
30 Mar 2015 20:21 - 30 Mar 2015 20:22 #13 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
I'd put good money on it being dead roots covered in anaerobic bacteria. Did it smell bad at all?

edit: or even living roots.

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."
Last edit: 30 Mar 2015 20:22 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley).

More
30 Mar 2015 20:51 #14 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Yea deffo not algae it looks like roots alright good call..

Ian

More
31 Mar 2015 11:13 #15 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
Kev moss doing fine lost a little by going brown but therwise ive placed it is another tank ive got, Hows the little apisto doing?

No lads no smell at all it seemed like just rotting roots very strange tbh, removed it anyways just incase it spreads, Other plants doing fine..

Stephen

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

More
31 Mar 2015 13:31 #16 by Homer (Kevin)
Replied by Homer (Kevin) on topic What I'm Keeping-
Hey Stephen, she's a little cracker, is that the moss I gave you that's in your hand? The moss needs slow acclimation to warmer water, it is also more fibrous than tropical mosses and has stronger footholds.

Kev.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds