Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Mobile version of the forum

More
29 Sep 2012 19:10 - 29 Sep 2012 20:54 #31 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Didn't seahorse recently do a mobile version of their site?

They sure did i don't think it is a app but when you log on to there web site on a phone it is a mobile version

Very hand actually as i use the site a lot

PS i voted for HTC but now im voting for iphone as im getting the iphone 5 tomorrow :laugh:

Would if this is going ahead would be best to do both as there are a lot odd users and both versions

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving
Last edit: 29 Sep 2012 20:54 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2012 20:50 #32 by steo99 (stephen hughes)
Great idea,go for it.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Sep 2012 20:54 #33 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Mobile version of the forum

They sure did i don't think it is a app but when you log on to there web site on a phone it is a mobile version

PS i wont for HTC but now im voting for iphone as im getting the iphone 5 tomorrow :laugh:

Would if this is going ahead would be best to do both as there are a lot odd users and both versions

Sean

I would think twice about the 5 Sean, I have one at the moment and lots of problems, luckily I got it for free but not happy with it, I'm back to using my Galaxy 3 and iPhone 4s

Kev.

More
29 Sep 2012 21:00 #34 by JohnH (John)

"I would think twice about the 5 Sean, I have one at the moment and lots of problems, luckily I got it for free but not happy with it, I'm back to using my Galaxy 3 and iPhone 4s

Kev."

And there was me going to buy one tomorrow!
Think I'll stick with my ageing Motorola.

John :whistle:

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Sep 2012 21:08 #35 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Mobile version of the forum

"I would think twice about the 5 Sean, I have one at the moment and lots of problems, luckily I got it for free but not happy with it, I'm back to using my Galaxy 3 and iPhone 4s

Kev."

And there was me going to buy one tomorrow!
Think I'll stick with my ageing Motorola.

John :whistle:

Ha Ha Funny Arse!

Kev.

More
29 Sep 2012 21:19 #36 by JohnH (John)
That part of my anatomy is fairly, if somewhat larger than most people's, normal - not at all funny!

Tell me, wasn't the iphone 4 fraught with teething troubles at first?

John

ITFS member.

More
29 Sep 2012 21:35 #37 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

PS i wont for HTC but now im voting for iphone as im getting the iphone 5 tomorrow :laugh:

Sean

I would think twice about the 5 Sean, I have one at the moment and lots of problems, luckily I got it for free but not happy with it, I'm back to using my Galaxy 3 and iPhone 4s

Kev.

We have it in the shop a few days and i have being using haven't really had any issues with it mate

But im only getting it as i'm getting it for free so need a change from my Sensation XL was thinking the S3 as it is a much better phone as to the iphone 4s and 5 but then it wouldn't be a change if you get me its nearly the same as the XL

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
29 Sep 2012 21:37 #38 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

That part of my anatomy is fairly, if somewhat larger than most people's, normal - not at all funny!

Tell me, wasn't the iphone 4 fraught with teething troubles at first?

John

Yes John all phones are but cools off after a few weeks

Sure the thing with the iphone 5 is that the paint is chipping i have done my own test with this and band off tables and let one fall from a good height and didn't happen so i'm happy when it comes to this issue

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
03 Feb 2013 09:13 #39 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
I use my phone most of the time and i am surprised not to find this site on Tapatalk app,
has it ever come up about about using Tapatalk ? anyone that uses the site will tell you how good the app is and how it makes life so much easyer with uploading photos reciving new topics and being able to view your topics.
since i got my Iphone i haven't used the laptop only a few times in the last year.

Something fishie going on here

More
03 Feb 2013 10:15 #40 by Wackoo (Niall)

I use my phone most of the time and i am surprised not to find this site on Tapatalk app,
has it ever come up about about using Tapatalk ? anyone that uses the site will tell you how good the app is and how it makes life so much easyer with uploading photos reciving new topics and being able to view your topics.
since i got my Iphone i haven't used the laptop only a few times in the last year.

+1

More
03 Feb 2013 10:56 #41 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Just from a quick search on the iphone app store the tapatalk app is not free so this would mean user's would have to pay for it?

I will put up a post to see if there would be enough to use it and if so i will have a chat with Darragh and see what we can so but first of all we have to have the users to use it.

From just looking at it there is seems very easy to get on the from and setup so hopefully we get enough user to look for it and that would want to use it.

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
03 Feb 2013 12:03 #42 by Debrick (Ciaran barrett)
Hi darragh,
I think it's a great idea , I work for myself I'm a painter & decorator I have a website &
a mobile phone site , when I'm home I use main site to upload b4 & after pics ,
when workin on a job I use the mobile site to show customers work I can produce,
It's def a great idea
Debrick

More
03 Feb 2013 12:36 #43 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Just to add to this the Tapatalk app covers plenty of different sites and can be very helpfull i use it for help with my cars and motorbike when i have any problem, i have been able to fix some things from around the house with the help from the tapatalk app its only small money and when its being used it makes everything very simple and easy to use on the phone.

More
21 Feb 2014 16:12 #44 by Redser (Richard)
Yep mobile app would be great.
Android user myself.

R

More
21 Feb 2014 16:40 #45 by Wackoo (Niall)
I'm all for a mobile version, can be a bit annoying on my my phone

More
21 Feb 2014 16:55 #46 by Tommyk (Tommy Kearney)
Ya an app would be great

More
21 Feb 2014 19:51 #47 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
Yes For APP!!

S.

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

More
21 Feb 2014 19:57 #48 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Considering this is raising a thread from 3 years ago and still no app or mobile version..Im not sure its going to happen anytime soon. I dont think there is any point in asking people if they want one or not, its more about is there someone to put the time and effort into making a moblie version, if there is then its no brainer , but Im no tech head, but I do know it takes time and effort, and I know there is already alot goes into maintaining this site as it is.
Gavin

More
21 Feb 2014 20:18 #49 by Santiagovalcarcel (Santiago)
Yes for an app ... for Android would be great !

More
22 Feb 2014 14:01 #50 by JohnH (John)

Considering this is raising a thread from 3 years ago and still no app or mobile version..Im not sure its going to happen anytime soon. I dont think there is any point in asking people if they want one or not, its more about is there someone to put the time and effort into making a moblie version, if there is then its no brainer , but Im no tech head, but I do know it takes time and effort, and I know there is already alot goes into maintaining this site as it is.
Gavin

Gavin - Rome wasn't built in a day you know...

:laugh:

John

:hammer:

ITFS member.

More
16 May 2014 09:11 - 16 May 2014 09:27 #51 by lectru (Lech)
Please add taptalk - its only 15-20min job to install plugin - there is step-by-step instruction - cant be any easier and believe me its the best app (there is free and paid version).

iTunes
google play

Make our life easier :hammer:

p.s heres link to taptalk :whistle:
Last edit: 16 May 2014 09:27 by lectru (Lech).

More
12 Sep 2014 13:14 #52 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
Can the date be of a post be shown on this mobile version ?
People are posting none specific times such as "tomorrow" which is meaningless as the posted date isnt displayed.

More
12 Sep 2014 14:22 #53 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
this post is older than me but I agree with using tapatalk app all I need is a smartphone

Please add taptalk - its only 15-20min job to install plugin - there is step-by-step instruction - cant be any easier and believe me its the best app (there is Thfree and paid version).

iTunes
google play

Make our life easier :hammer:

p.s heres link to taptalk :whistle:

More
12 Sep 2014 20:53 #54 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Go for it. Great idea

Eric

More
14 Jul 2015 13:07 #55 by helix8008 (Tomas Novak)
Don't really need an app but making website mobile/tablet friendly would help. There is constant need to adjust website to tablet screen size.
Thanks

More
16 Jul 2015 10:58 #56 by ceech (Desmond Gaynor)
go for it :-)

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds