Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

July Competition (at last)

More
09 Aug 2011 00:13 #31 by JohnH (John)
We were wondering if anyone would notice the deliberate 'mistake'...it does go to show that at least someone reads the Home Page.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2011 09:08 #32 by Melander (Andreas Melander)
Thank you for all the compliments, and any votes!

Allot of good photos again (my vote went to #12), too bad about the general lack of votes though.

Melander

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Aug 2011 09:17 #33 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re: July Competition (at last)

We were wondering if anyone would notice the deliberate 'mistake'...it does go to show that at least someone reads the Home Page.

John

Of course, I did do this on purpose !!!! :silly: :blink: :side:

Sorry guys - Error corrected - Thanks.

Valerie :)

More
09 Aug 2011 10:54 #34 by keitho (keith o reilly)
Well done melander on the photo comp nice pic

Dublin 24

More
09 Aug 2011 12:38 #35 by Mike53 (Michael)
Well done Melander for the winning photo and a big thanks to JohnH, I really appreciated your special mention to Adam and the generous comment's from Derek and Chris, you made a little mans day!!

Both Adam and his 11 year old brother are now preparing for the August Comp!!

More
10 Aug 2011 16:17 #36 by Melander (Andreas Melander)
Thanks again for the comments, it's great to hear that there is more interest in the competition, regardles of ages.

I think the competition really brings something to the forum, another aspect of fishkeeping which also lets us see what other members are keeping. Another reason for showing of your fish:)

Cheers,

Andreas

More
10 Aug 2011 17:19 #37 by dar (darren curry)

Both Adam and his 11 year old brother are now preparing for the August Comp!!

I hate to be a kill joy but i have the august comp in the bag, i'm just waiting to find out where to collect my prize :laugh:

Ah no fair play, nice to see the wee lads taking a shine to the oul fish

If only more would enter and more would vote. it's a shame really as the forum gives a lot, great advice, great people, cheap setups, good deals on eqiupment, fish, the odd bit of free stuff and a good bit of craic ( :dry: at times :laugh: )

Giving an oul pic, no matter wat it looks like, or even just casting a vote is not a lot to to ask for to even slightly improve the forum

***DO YOUR PART, ENTER ONE PIC AND CAST A VOTE*** (if you have a camera of course)
don't worry if you think it wont win, mine never do (conspiracy i hear you ask? i thought so at first but no! bad camera, bad lighting and terrible camera man, but i just love my fish)

Third place was of no joy to me as there was so little voting. i might have got a sympathy vote to put me in third as there was much better pics.

JohnH can you tell how many active members we have? if they could only take 5 minutes out of there month it would make the comp a lot more exciting

If i get through to one person then this will be well worth it (probably discouraging another six in the process)

Cheers people, Darren

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

More
10 Aug 2011 22:14 #38 by JohnH (John)
Well put Darren.
here's hoping the 'one' person takes heed of your post...or two, or lots...

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
11 Aug 2011 22:31 #39 by DJK (David Kinsella)
Good post Dar I must say. Having seen your contributions as regards photos through the last year or so, I think you deserve a prize for best improver. It got my vote anyway, a very good shot.

Dave

More
11 Aug 2011 23:06 #40 by dar (darren curry)
cheers Dave, its a patience thing, i cant sit and take the pics, if i took the time i would get some beautiful shots but the little buggars dont stop to say "cheese". my camera is full of fish shots, 99% are rubbish but i have a few nice ones, if i get the camera wire (every single time i have it, i lose it) i shall post a few more shots. i have two new additions

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds