Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/web/itfsweb/www/libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2719

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/web/itfsweb/www/libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2719

Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!

More
07 Apr 2011 14:00 #31 by JohnH (John)

Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
My picture actually got a vote this time!

Will wonders ever cease???

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• paul .... (paul ....)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2011 15:58 #32 by paul .... (paul ....)

Replied by paul .... (paul ....) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
:laugh: witch 1was your photo John ?

More
07 Apr 2011 16:59 #33 by andrewo (andrew)

Replied by andrewo (andrew) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Congrts to the winers; really nice pics from all top three contestants.

More
07 Apr 2011 18:00 #34 by JohnH (John)

Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Now...that would be telling (rough translation: I'm rather ashamed of it so will leave it anonymous).

But...it STILL got one vote!

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
07 Apr 2011 20:17 #35 by SSS (Sion S)

Replied by SSS (Sion S) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Fairplay lads, nice pics!

More
08 Apr 2011 17:09 #36 by Puddlefish (Colin McCourt)

Replied by Puddlefish (Colin McCourt) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Do we get a breakdown of where the voting went, a tally of how many voted and where the votes were allocated.
Only fair to know.......

Great set of pics. I never could pick a winner....any tips for Aintree on Saturday lads/lassies.

ATB
C

More
08 Apr 2011 17:56 #37 by paddyc1 (Paddy Corrigan)

Replied by paddyc1 (Paddy Corrigan) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Like your style Gavin !!

Paddy

Tallaght, Dublin 24

More
08 Apr 2011 18:38 #38 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)

Replied by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Cheers lads...for every picture Ive taken over the years for this competition I finally got one where the fish stayed still!!!

Gavin

More
08 Apr 2011 19:42 #39 by Peteemax (Pete Maxwell)

Replied by Peteemax (Pete Maxwell) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Well done Gavin

Pete Maxwell

ITFS Member

More
09 Apr 2011 14:08 #40 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)

Replied by JustinK (Justin Kelly) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Well done, that was along wait.
Time to break the camera out again.....

More
09 Apr 2011 16:04 #41 by igmillichip (ian millichip)

Replied by igmillichip (ian millichip) on topic Re: Time to Vote...Announcement of the winner!!!
Well done Gav.

Irish Tropical Fish Society (ITFS) Member.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds