Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Noobs inbound lol

More
26 Feb 2014 20:13 - 28 Feb 2014 16:57 #1 by DAFISH (Renaldas)
Hi everybody ...seriously im a kinda noob to this hobby couse most im in the gun world airsoft, compound bow and such things but i love my fish tank i got nearly a year ago my first one was eheim 250l which i decided to change for a larger one just in 2 weeks time ,couse once i let fish in it i felt like they are in prison and that was only 2 oscars, angel fish (rip) couple plecos, suckers and gouramis ,so i decided to get juwel aquarium which is around 400, so far i keep there same gourami ,pair of dempseys, 3 plecos, rope fish, silver dollar, stick fish and 3 african cichlids was 4 two pairs but oscar ripped one of them so 3 left, thats kinda it, recently changed from gravel to play sand and must say i love it aquarium looks way cleaner and guess i never get back to gravel again, hope we all can share things to make this hobby even more joy, im planing to breed my dempseys and if anybody have some advices on how to do it properly i would appreciate it...
Last edit: 28 Feb 2014 16:57 by DAFISH (Renaldas).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2014 20:46 #2 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera)
Hi Dafish and welcome to the forum, your tank looks :silly:

More
26 Feb 2014 20:53 - 26 Feb 2014 20:55 #3 by DAFISH (Renaldas)
Replied by DAFISH (Renaldas) on topic Noobs inbound lol
Yea i see lol ,no idea why i just made some pictures with ipad and uploaded them here, no idea why its rotated upside down :laugh: will try to fix in couple min
Last edit: 26 Feb 2014 20:55 by DAFISH (Renaldas).

More
26 Feb 2014 21:03 #4 by mossy (gavin blanchfield)
hi and welcome dafish
you will get plenty of good advice on this forum
my son shoots compound bow with IAAA and IFAF,do you shoot with any club?

More
26 Feb 2014 21:42 #5 by DAFISH (Renaldas)
Guys i have no idea whats wrong here, i even tried to rotate original image so was hoping it will pop up in the right angle here but nothing helps, mossy no im not in club just shooting in back yard on weekends for over 2 years now

More
26 Feb 2014 22:08 #6 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Welcome. I love shooting the bow too.. hope u enjoy the forum

More
27 Feb 2014 21:49 #7 by DAFISH (Renaldas)
I feel like whole ireland is bow shooting lol and thats great, sad we have no law approval for bow hunting would love to hunt some rabbits in woods or even something bigger but what can we do hopefuly they will change it some day..

More
28 Feb 2014 00:56 #8 by ABdarudeone (Mick)
Hi and welcome cant see any pics ,is it just me ? :hammer:

**Neither a teacher nor a native speaker**

More
28 Feb 2014 16:41 - 28 Feb 2014 16:59 #9 by DAFISH (Renaldas)
No mate you fine its just my ipad uploads pictures upside down every time i try to load them here no idea why is this happen, guess i need to try laptop, will do soon and we gone see how it goes :hammer: :whistle: :hammer:

just did it looks like it showing ok this time :woohoo: loaded from laptop way less hassle
Last edit: 28 Feb 2014 16:59 by DAFISH (Renaldas).

More
28 Feb 2014 17:30 #10 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Hi welcome to the forum nice tank you have their, good luck with the breeding

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

More
28 Feb 2014 20:53 #11 by ABdarudeone (Mick)
See thats why iswitched from iphone to android :laugh:
Nice tank Rope fish looks deadly

**Neither a teacher nor a native speaker**

More
28 Feb 2014 21:51 #12 by DAFISH (Renaldas)
Lol he is most peaceful In this fish tank even if his diet is only chicken breasts which he loves so much, would love to get pair for it im gone look for one soon i believe, he is over 1ft long and very fat hehe

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds