Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

hello everyone,well more of a hello again

More
17 Apr 2014 14:56 #1 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Hi everyone hope everyone is keeping well havent been on here in a long time so thought id re introduce myself.

havent kept anything now for a while (few years ) actually so going to get back into keeping fish.

so just thought id drop by and say hello.

for those who dont know me my name is craig and ive kept a number of different type of fish includeing discus , african cichlids a small spell in marines and was a keen shrimp keeper at one time.

so anyway thats a bit about me

kind regards

craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2014 15:01 #2 by Gavin (Gavin)
Welcome back Craig.

dont make me come over there.

More
17 Apr 2014 15:04 #3 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
thanks gav man.

did you open a new shop ?????????

More
17 Apr 2014 15:48 #4 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera)

More
17 Apr 2014 17:02 #5 by ABdarudeone (Mick)
Hi Craig ,
Im only new to this forum (and hobby) ,and seen about 2 or 3 guys giving up since.. its great to see someone actually getting back into keeping fish for a change .
AB

**Neither a teacher nor a native speaker**

More
17 Apr 2014 20:13 #6 by Homer (Kevin)
Hey Craig mate, dont be a stranger!

Kev

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
17 Apr 2014 21:00 #7 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Welcome ... Look forward to your future threads

More
17 Apr 2014 21:01 #8 by swai (Simon)
So you say fish keeping is a hobby! In my opinion its more of full time job! I want about 3 days in a row to just enjoy it but i can't seem to. I'm a newbie to fish, but have kept terrapins for about 6 years. Hopefully you enjoy getting back into it. All the best!

Marino, Dublin 9

More
17 Apr 2014 21:27 #9 by Gavin (Gavin)
I did check the sponsor section "Artane Aquatics" drop by for a cuppa.

dont make me come over there.

More
22 Apr 2014 12:43 #10 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
oh fair play gav ill defo have to try get out to you in the coming weeks.

congrats on the new shop :cheer:

More
18 May 2014 12:19 #11 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Welcome back mate, yeh took ur time ha, what you got now?

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

More
18 May 2014 16:45 #12 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Noting at the moment jeff heading off on holidays in 2 weeks so waiting till I get back.where abouts in loughlinstown are from mate.

More
18 May 2014 16:47 #13 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
And thanks for welcome back.

B) B)

More
18 May 2014 19:14 #14 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Holidays out if the way then no excuse to start a marine tank ha,
I'm from the noggin but now living in cherry court, second right past fas, away from the madness down beyond ha
I'm sure we probably walked past each other in Tesco or O'briens and never knew

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

More
18 May 2014 19:29 #15 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Hahahaa probaly yeah B) what fish you keeping mate good to see some members close by :)

More
18 May 2014 20:09 #16 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Got rid of all my tanks and started up a marine tank 18mts ago and upgraded the tank in January have a look in the marine fish section my post has around 7pages think page 6 has the latest pics see what yeh think,
Might convince yeh to start a marine tank after the holiday need more lads on here in marines, it's slowly building up but need more,
Yeh it's cool ur only around the corner you won't have to go far for coral frags haha

More
18 May 2014 20:14 #17 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Hahahahahaha I think I'm sold already on the marine tank idea haha :) I'll have a look now jeff I had marines before only a small 100 litre boyu tank tho and it didn't end well so kinda left a bad taste in the mouth in regards to marines.

I do love marines but after my bad experience I'd move very slowly with them this time

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds