Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hello to everyone

More
24 Nov 2014 12:06 #1 by leggs8765 (Andrew Lockyer)
My name is Andy and i moved over here from the UK a couple of years ago, I am near Newmarket Co.Cork I have always loved fishing from the age of 6 yrs to now 49 yrs, I have a large pond here which is approx a quarter to half an acre and 9 to 12ft deep it has a constant supply of water from a spring and has a lot of small inch to 2inch long fish not sure what they are (I have tried to upload photos but they wont load for some reason) anyway i would like to stock this pond with some different types of fish for catch and release does anyone have any suggestions apart from the obvious ones and where i would get the fish from?
Thanks
Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2014 13:38 #2 by swai (Simon)
Replied by swai (Simon) on topic Hello to everyone
Hi Andy, welcome. I'd love to have a free supply of water!

When it comes to pics, I just resize them to less then 1 mb and post them. That should sort it out, there is a tutorial also on how to post pics but I wouldn't know where to find it.

Marino, Dublin 9

More
24 Nov 2014 21:24 #3 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
I am not sure of your area but you can buy stock fish from fish farms we get brown and rainbow trout they do well in your pond once you dont over stock other farms have bream and tench

Something fishie going on here

More
24 Nov 2014 23:05 #4 by paulv (paul vickers)
Hi Andy and welcome. I'm jealous of such a huge natural pond. If it was mine I'd stock sturgan and Applegate ducks.

More
14 Dec 2014 09:34 #5 by leggs8765 (Andrew Lockyer)
Hi thanks for the replies.
Why sturgan and applegate ducks? wont ducks ruin the pond in time? I suppose it would depend on how many where there?.
I have had no luck so far with stocking the pond all the fish farms etc i have found through a google search you have to buy hundreds i would like to stock it with a few different species so would not need so many of each.
If anyone knows where i could get any fish from i would be great.

More
14 Dec 2014 12:30 #6 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera)
Hi Andy, welcome to the forum :)
Looking forward seeing your pond, hope this helps you www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php?optio...id=106751&Itemid=200

More
14 Dec 2014 16:55 #7 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Welcome sir

More
26 Dec 2014 11:06 #8 by leggs8765 (Andrew Lockyer)
Why cant you upload normal size photos?

More
26 Dec 2014 11:17 - 26 Dec 2014 11:19 #9 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Hello to everyone

Why cant you upload normal size photos?

Please refer to the link I sent you via PMs, the system cannot process images larger than 1 mb, hence the suggestion to use a host site such as photobucket which automatically resizes them for you.
Alternatively you can resize them yourself.

Hope that answers your question.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 26 Dec 2014 11:19 by JohnH (John). Reason: Must get a new keyboard, or a new computer!

More
04 Jan 2015 13:21 #10 by carlowchris (chris)
Welcome andy.....love to see that pond

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds