Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

November the first where will you be....?

More
29 Oct 2014 17:42 - 29 Oct 2014 17:43 #31 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)

Ian has a point in that you may gain more visibility and consequently more results by joining in where most numbers may be and knocking on the door of the government => Where are the media going to be? Visibility is important.
With that said if you can't be in Dublin by all means be local. Just be there. Anyone using that thread to sustain other arguments is not helping.

That may be so..... But:
1..... it looks like No other part of the country gives a rats ass if all the disruption and protest is in one area
2..... Wide spread disruption is more accessible to people like me who cant just take time off work willy nilly (the majority of the time) and might only be able to spend an hour or 2 of their day away from other committments.....
3..... Wide spread disruption over a country is much more difficult to ignore than a single point in one city
Last edit: 29 Oct 2014 17:43 by hammie (Neil Hammerton).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2014 19:40 #32 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)
just be there people wherever it suits you it will count: thats the goal.

More
29 Oct 2014 20:16 #33 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera)

just be there people wherever it suits you it will count: thats the goal.

Totally agree with you.

I'll accept your invitation and we'll go to your place so we can go together :) is Pon coming too?

More
29 Oct 2014 20:32 #34 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)
yes she is (she doesn't know yet :laugh: )

More
30 Oct 2014 08:34 #35 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Ciaran ur a gas man i will give you that...that made me smile....my posts were not up to offend people if people find offense well that is something i cannot help.....but it does make me smile and regardless i hope everyone has a good day....

World peace is next...
Ian

More
30 Oct 2014 21:54 #36 by Homer (Kevin)
So looking forward to the March.

Kev.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
01 Nov 2014 13:24 #37 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)
getting ready to go yeeeeehawwwwww

More
01 Nov 2014 19:06 - 01 Nov 2014 19:16 #38 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera)
There we were, Stephane, my husband Oscar and myself. Tried to post from the spire but seemed to have a problem with uploading the photos to the forum.

Last edit: 01 Nov 2014 19:16 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera).

More
01 Nov 2014 20:03 #39 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Great day protesting. The weather didn't dampen the spirit at all. Good crowd in Kilkenny.

Eric

More
02 Nov 2014 15:04 #40 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Hi there yea savage day i went into dublin and marched there savage turnout they reckon close to 100,00 alone I would agree with them both sides of the liffey were full check out the pic i added wel done folks.....

Cheers
Ian
Attachments:

More
04 Nov 2014 00:41 #41 by Homer (Kevin)
Loved it, was there with John and Ieva, known on the forum as Ievastar, wonderful day but the momentum must NOT be lost or lessened, no falling for poisoned chalices like €100 off your next bill like a Dunne's store voucher, we are in this to the bitter end, after the comments made by Cllr Laura McGonicle, I think its fair to say the world has imploded upon the Coalition and not before time!

Kev.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds