Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

new crs set up

More
17 Mar 2013 20:09 #1 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
hi guys i decided to set up a new tank for keeping crs. i m keeping rcs in an other tank at the minute and i was wondering what is the best way to ensure than the new tank is mature enough for the new shrimps as i know they are more delicates.
the new tank is a 30 litres with amazonia substrate and some stones and i just planted some eleocharis mini in order to create a carpet. i have a small internal filter rated at 260 litres max per hour.
I m not in any rush, i used some of my other tank water and squeezed my other filter foam in my new set up.
Can i actually get a mature set up without having any fish or shrimps in the tank?
i m not planning on using ro water as my other tank has a ph of 6.5 and a tds of 120 and i dont want to start messing around with additives or should i ?

Thanks and happy paddy s day to everyone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2013 20:12 #2 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
the attached picture didnt seem to come out in the post

More
17 Mar 2013 20:24 #3 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
hope it works this time
[attachment:1]20130317_195752.jpg[/attachment

More
31 Dec 2013 23:51 #4 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Any news on your set up

More
01 Jan 2014 10:18 #5 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
The tank has been running for six months now but only put rcs 2weeks ago. I have 15 s,ss,sss mosura in it currently. I m waiting to get better quality ones from germany but the weather is not ony side. Will be getting blue tiger orange eyes as well.
Wont be using carpeting plants again as my shrimps spend most of the time at the back where there is no carpet or on the rocks.

Attachments:

More
01 Jan 2014 12:01 #6 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Love the set up. Have u a full view if the tank. Love the plants. What are your parameters. Like those shrimp.
Why wait so long. Thanks for getting back to me. Take care

More
01 Jan 2014 12:39 #7 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
Ph 7, tds 170. Waiting for a ro unit to reduces the tds in the tank.
Custom optiwhite 30 l cube and lacquered walnut cabinet, tmc led, ada amazonia (should have use technical substrate to lower the ph ) , mountain stone, eleocharis mini and aquael pat filter.
I had rcs for a while as i couldnt get high grade crs at a decent price in ireland. Finally gave up and got 15 and will change them when i get some from germany.
Thanks
Anthony

Attachments:

More
03 Jan 2014 14:13 #8 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Lovely set up thanks for the info....

More
03 Jan 2014 16:36 #9 by Hicker12 (Stephen Hickey)
Nice looking tank. Can you PM me where you will be getting your shrimp from in Germany?

Thanks,
Stephen

More
03 Jan 2014 20:23 #10 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera)
Beautiful tank, the eleocharis parvula you have does not grow too high, doesn't it? Where did you bought it?

I've have a small area planted with the normal one but would rather not to trim it every few weeks.

More
04 Jan 2014 00:05 #11 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
Replied by Stem12 (Stephen M) on topic new crs set up
Nice setup!! Love the shrimp...!!

S

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

More
05 Jan 2014 01:30 #12 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Really nice set up could u pm me a link to the german shrimp site?

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds