Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

nothobranchius eggersi red eggs

More
25 Feb 2010 01:33 #31 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Any news on the eggs Shea?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2010 01:45 #32 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
some have hatched will post a vid later

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
25 Feb 2010 02:07 #33 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)

More
15 Jun 2010 12:42 #34 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
any update on this Seamus?

ITFS Club Secretary
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
see the ITFS tab above for more information www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/itfs

More
15 Jun 2010 23:22 #35 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
Well andrew to update they grew well for a couple of months and when I moved them to a lartge tank by themselves within a week they all died of unknown causes baffeled me just hatching dagetti monrovia eggs today so let's see how they go

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
16 Jun 2010 03:39 #36 by Puddlefish (Colin McCourt)
You should have better luck with the Dageti as they are pretty easy to spawn and rear.
Eggersi can be a little problematic Sheamus as the fry are small and can succumb to all manner of ailments in the fry tub. The main thing is to keep the tub very clean (clear uneaten food and small waterchange daily, use a syringe with a bit of airline attached) and add a few grains of cooking salt which will deter velvet. They need small foods initially, did you get some paramoecium from me at the Dublin show.
Good Luck with the Dageti
Regards
C

More
16 Jun 2010 12:15 #37 by JohnH (John)
Yes,
I found the same with all African Annuals, when eggs have hatched at all! (I'm convinced some of the Far-Eastern egg sellers just send out peat with no eggs - but that's another story!). They are very delicate fry which need constant feed and do not suffer water parameter changes at all, even tiny amounts using the method Puddlefish describes, you really need a 'reservoir' of water for changing - the same water you used to hatch them in the first place.
Like he also says the Dageti are a different thing altogether - almost bullet-proof and a really good Killifish to 'cut your teeth' with.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds