Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

new tank

More
27 Jan 2014 10:59 #91 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
Replied by dannyb (Daniel Byrne) on topic new tank
just a very short vid of my tank, all fish are starting to get big now, i also added 3 new additions yesterday, i will need an ID on 2 of them i will get that thread up later on

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2014 17:33 #92 by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera)
Replied by Aroshni (Lydia Olivera) on topic new tank
Beautiful tank Dannyb, I like it now more than when had a lot of toys.
Would like to have a cichlid setup too (and a marine). Yesterday saw a stunning ones black and bright orange, but don't know where are they from .

More
29 Jan 2014 09:50 #93 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
thank you, thats what i love about cichlids they have some great colours and as they mature they just get better, i must update with some new pics over the weekend

More
12 May 2014 13:09 #94 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
well its a long time since i up dated on here, the tank has gone through some drastic changes over the months and not for the better

over the last few weeks i have being battling an illness that has claimed a lot of my stock but i finally have it under control with lots of water changes, filter over haul finding and sorting dead spots in the water and getting the water parameters to where they should be and so far so good :)

plans are now to get back on track and re stock and sort out the rock work, yesterday i got some nice drift wood that i have soaking, i have always liked the look of wood in a tank and i do know it will cause a drop in ph so i have ready and waiting a nice big bag of crushed coral to go in and i have also added the coral into the filter

at the moment its a bit of a mess in there with rocks all over the place but its a work in progress, below are a few pics of how it sits now

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
12 May 2014 17:40 #95 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Looking great.. best of luck with it

More
06 Jun 2014 09:39 #96 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
well after the bad spell i have finally started to add new fish, i picked up a great deal on 12 well sized cichlids yesterday and slowly added them last night, i have a nice active tank again and it has me hooked all over again, here is a short vid of the new family members

More
06 Jun 2014 11:14 #97 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Replied by hammie (Neil Hammerton) on topic new tank
Good to see the tank so active and healthy again fella

Great Job

They look very well, and will be even better looking when all settled in properly

More
06 Jun 2014 12:06 #98 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
Thanks Neil lost all interest the last few months, you know how it goes no time with the 2 jobs, kids and getting dragged to bootcamp by my dad because he said i was out of shape, apparently my round shape was not good enough for him lol

More
06 Jun 2014 12:23 #99 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
haha last git that told me I was outta shape, was surprised at my response...... lol (this is a family orientated forum so I will refrain from sharing my reply lol)

You know what Im like lol

I know how ya mean tho, Im only workin 1 job at the min and still struggle for time sometimes.......

Wallet keeper was out last night so I got 2 water changes done and a bit of rearranging on my 350 & made dinner & emptied the dish washer & put the kids to bed, read them stories and had the place fairly clean and tidy when she came home again.....
(busiest 3 hours of my day I think lol)

More
06 Jun 2014 12:55 #100 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
i know all to well what that response was

took advantage of the "long" trip i had to do yesterday to pick up the fish, chap lived just past the curragh 20 minutes max drive still took me 3 hours ;) great driving weather yesterday evening few cobwebs blown off the wagon badly needed :cool:

More
21 Jun 2014 20:01 - 21 Jun 2014 20:03 #101 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
Well my fake plants arrived yesterday after a month waiting, ah well that's the joys of eBay, got stuck in this morning with the big clean out and cool down of the water due to the mini heat wave

Took all rocks and wood out and I'd say I had put them in and took them out about 5-6 times before i was happy and i have to say its like having a brand new tank all over again and i can't get over how much the fish seem to love darting through the plants

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:
Last edit: 21 Jun 2014 20:03 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne).

More
22 Jun 2014 07:04 #102 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Looks well Danny
Fair play fude

More
22 Jun 2014 14:00 #103 by MarkTipp (Mark Ryan)
Replied by MarkTipp (Mark Ryan) on topic new tank
Great looking tank :cool:

More
23 Jun 2014 10:11 #104 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
cheers lads, there was some fighting going on the last day or so for new territory, this lad won this round sitting nice and smug in his newly acquired coconut lol

File Attachment:

More
23 Jun 2014 22:35 #105 by Jim (Jim Lawlor)
Replied by Jim (Jim Lawlor) on topic new tank
Lovely tank Danny - some really nice looking fish in there as well

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds